Information about the installation
- The upgrade we are performing is to bring the Microsoft office suite on campus up to date.
- The installation is Automatic and does not require you to initiate anything.
- The installation is designed to take place in the background.
- During the installation you will not be able to use the Office suite. Webmail is available if you need to access your email during the installation.
- The update will install the new versions of the following applications: Outlook, Word, Excel, OneNote, Powerpoint, Publisher.
- The installation time can vary between 10-20 minutes.
- Your computer may restart itself once the installation is complete.
- The upgrade will preserve customizations you have made, i.e. Signatures, Quick Access Toolbars, etc.
Preparing your computer for the installation
- Shutdown down your computer when you leave the day before your scheduled day.
- One the day of your schedule installation, turn on your computer.
- Log in as you normally would.
The installation will take place immediately at log in to your computer.
As the installation begins to finish you will see the newly updated applications show up in the Start Menu. The start menu will look like this:
Again the installation can take between 10-20 minutes to complete and may restart your computer automatically when complete.
What to do when the installation completes
Open Outlook. The main Outlook window will display migrating Account Setting across the bottom.
- Once it imports your profile a message box will pop up and ask you to accept the Office Automatic Updates. Click Accept.
- Go to the File menu, and if it is not already selected, select the info tab.
- Click the Account setting box and select account settings
- A box will open up listing your email account. Click Change.
- A change account box will open up. Within this box, find the section that states offline status and the box for Use Cached Exchange Mode. The box should be unchecked. If it is checked
- You will then be prompted with and alert box that states you must close and restart Outlook for the changes to be applied. Click OK and close and reopen Microsoft Outlook.
**Use Cached Exchanged Mode is a function of Outlook that stores a limited amount of information on your computer from your email account. This has caused a few some issues with finding older emails and searching for contacts. Because of these issues we recommend turning this feature off.